Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to manage teams that deliver customer facing solutions for our Cross Domain Solutions division. As the Software Development Manager you will own staffing and managing multiple engineering teams, product development, setting the team culture, best practices, and planning. You will work with customers, product managers, and other AWS service teams to prioritize new features and capabilities for your products and ensure timely and high quality delivery.
You should be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. Ideally you have a track record of delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team.
AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
This will be a highly visible role in a strategic space for AWS. As part of the Region Services leadership team you will have the opportunity to work across the organization and with AWS management to ensure that AWS remains the best place to move data cross-domain for our customers.
This position requires the candidate selected to be a US Citizen.
Have questions about this role? Start a chat with the recruiter today! Please reach out directly to Tracy Fifer at email@example.com for inquiries and questions.
• 15+ years of experience in software development
• 5+ years managing diverse software teams
• 3+ years of leadership experience managing other managers with a team of their own
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Experience in high-scale hiring and talent management on teams of multiple disciplines
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Keen ability to achieve stretch goals
• Experience building Cross Domain Solutions
• Proven track record of hiring and managing diverse, deeply talented & high performing engineering teams
• Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Tracy Fifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.