Senior Manager, Software Development - AWS Identity and Access Management
- Seattle, WA
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms. With the growth of AWS, the types of workloads and the access management frameworks needed to secure them keep evolving. We are looking for a senior engineering leader to build the next generation functionality in this area. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in software engineering leadership position, building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• As a leader of leaders, lead an organization that consists of SDMs, TPMs and software development engineers.
• Manage and develop the org comprised of multiple teams, including hiring, retention, performance management, mentoring and capability/skill development.
• Lead architecture, design, implementation, and operational support of tools and services.
• Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
• Act as point of contact for communications dealing with project deliverables, setting the expectation, managing priorities, technologies, human factors and management issues.
• Establish high bar for processes and standards in the execution of all projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in managing multiple software development teams and managing managers
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production and operating at large scale
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs and building roadmap.
• Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• Experience with very large distributed systems such as large-scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
• Exceptional customer focus including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions
• Prior experience in defining, scoping and pitching the business and technical vision for a complicated area within a highly technical domain.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top