Amazon Kids brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/kids
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer products for millions of customers? We are looking for a proven Senior Software Development Manager with experience building and shipping innovative applications and services that customers love. Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices. We have launched thousands of titles with much more to come!
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a talented team of engineers in the design, development, test and deployment of our Amazon Kids services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences along with strong technical ability and excellent project management skills. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services for millions of customers around the world!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
• 10+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of experience managing teams of 15+ people including managing managers
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Experience building and shipping highly scalable software products
• Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills
• Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
• Experience delivering web services in a large scale environment with high availability
• Experience with iterative Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile application development is a plus
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business acumen and technical vision
• Master's degree preferred