Are you looking for the opportunity to have a major impact on cutting edge technology used by millions of people every day? The Amazon Collaborative shopping team is looking for a Senior Manager in Software Development to work on our worldwide feature that helps Amazon customers build shopping Lists, Share products, and Chat online.
Amazon Collaborative Shopping team is an integral part of the Amazon shopping experience and we are a key element of events like Prime Day. Our features are used by hundreds of millions of customers and we are responsible for the multi-billion dollar Deals business. We partner with teams throughout the Amazon ecosystem to optimize deal ingestion, to enhance classification and ranking of deals, to expand deal discovery throughout the site, and to raise the bar for the best customer experience on mobile app, web, desktop.
We love to work with smart, solution-oriented people that have a strong sense of ownership and customer obsession. We are passionate about building well-designed, robust and scalable software to deliver inspiring user experiences that delight our customers. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and tools, on innovative and sophisticated features that customers love, as part of a team of passionate and experienced professionals in the multi-cultural environment of the Amazon Development Center in NYC or Seattle.
We're looking for a Senior Manager in Software Development who has demonstrated the ability to deliver cross organization projects in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, managing multiple development teams at the same time. The problem space needs you to build systems that work well at scale both organizationally and architecturally. You should have excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills as well as an ability to get things delivered. You will champion engineering excellence, raise the bar on architecture, predictable quality, maintainability, performance, privacy, and security. You enjoy growing members and leaders in your team by providing direction, effective delegation and promoting a culture of ownership and delivering results.
This role requires the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, be data-driven and juggle cross-organization complexity. You should have a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, agility, and creativity, while being able to dive deep into technical details when required. If you enjoy working with dynamic teams in solving complex problems and tackling tough challenges, we'd love to hear from you!
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services, within an Agile/Scrum environment
• 7+ years of experience converting complex business requirements into simplified, scalable software architectures
• 10+ years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services, within an Agile/Scrum environment
• 10+ years of experience converting complex business requirements into simplified, scalable software architectures
• MBA or a Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Deep architectural expertise in the design of large-scale, highly available, low latency, distributed systems and software
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables
• Experience hiring strong engineering talent, and growing and developing existing talent on the team
• Experience conceptualizing and launching new technical solutions within a large organization
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to drive operational excellence and best practices within a larger engineering community that is working on complex technical problems
• Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.