Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) is looking for passionate, results-oriented, inventive software development manager (SDM) who wants to build Amazon's next generation supply chain simulation systems.
Imagine being part of a team that is at the center of the largest and most complex supply chain system in the world.
The primary function of the Capacity management team is to align planning and execution systems on the value of capacity in the network (inbound, storage, outbound and transfer).
The team owns capacity management across the entire supply chain, while addressing the complexity of managing flow and storage across multiple systems and developing a centralized strategy on how to unify supply chain systems to optimize capacity.
The team is at the heart of reforming capacity planning, execution and control processes, while creating a new closed-loop workflow to drive the harmony of individual execution systems to a unified FC/bin level capacity target, created by a sequence of plan and execution optimizations.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has focus on hiring and developing leaders across multiple teams, has strong skills in analyzing and improving software development processes, and is highly customer focused and is passionate about solving real business problems. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect individuals and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for the product vision, and project delivery. This position involves driving regular communication with the leadership including directors, VPs, on risks and strategy of the business. In addition, a candidate will unblock teams and achieve cross team cohesive work environment, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Responsibilities include management of the senior members of the software engineering team including managers and senior engineers, strategic planning, and building on an already productive and innovative software team. You will act as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration life-cycle, including design, documentation, testing and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 12+ years of industry experience.
• 6+ years of experience leading large (40+) software development teams through full development life-cycle.
• Knowledge of commonly-used development concepts, methodologies and practices.
• 2+ year experience leading remote teams.
• A passion for people management and mentorship.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Deep architectural expertise in the design of large-scale, highly available, low latency, distributed systems and software.
• Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences