Senior Manager, Software Development
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services provide the building blocks for how new applications are being built and adopted by thousands of leading companies across the world. At AWS groundbreaking new services are being built regularly and features for existing services are deployed daily. The AWS Benchmarking team analyzes our AWS services against competing solutions and helps set the strategic direction going forward.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Define the long-term vision, strategy, and goals for your teams
• Prioritize, plan projects and features, manage partners, and track external commitments.
• Foster the career development of your direct reports.
• Ability to work efficiently and confidently with all levels of software developers and leadership
• Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, AJAX, C++, ...) to create/guide prototypes
• Basic statistics and ability to draw and present insights from data
• Fearlessly willing to dive deep on new technologies
• Ability to write effective competitive studies
As a Sr Manager of Software Development, you'd work with our executives and engineering teams to define, prioritize and execute how we measure our products against alternative solutions in the industry. Ideal candidates will have prior software development experience which would allow the gathering and analysis of performance and user experience data on cutting edge services.
• 2 year of design/research experience
• 7 years of relevant work experience in Internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software environment
• Product development experience (including C++ or Java, and Web Services)
• BS in HCI/UX/Design, Engineering and/or equivalent industry experience
• Web portal user interaction data mining experience
• Strong communication skills that allow effective cross group influence and impact
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
• Naturally exhibits leader/mentor traits
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field and two years of experience in the job offered to as a Project lead, product Manager, Software Engineer or a related occupation. Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics , or a related field and five years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to a master's degree and two years of experience. One year of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: managing technical projects from design to release for large-scale software applications software applications performance tuning and hands-on Object-oriented coding and design using C++, C# or Java.
• Impeccable customer focus
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Knowledge of software development best practices
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Experience with any scripting language
• Good understanding of interaction design and design process skills
• Good development and design sensibilities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top