Senior Manager, Software Development
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team within the Amazon Devices organization (Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo) that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside product management, research, design, and engineering (software/hardware) to define and build the essential lovable product. As Senior Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing a team of engineers to architect, design, and develop cutting edge technologies, levering deep understanding of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and mobile application development. This leader will own the application services architecture and work with senior engineers and machine learning scientists to solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background developing consumer applications, service architectures, and building best-of-class engineering teams. This person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and software development teams and be an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related field
- 10+ years of experience building and managing software development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems
- 8+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Objective-C
- 5+ years of experience in at least one technical area: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, sensor networks, real-time, and large-scale distributed systems
- 5+ years experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience with web based technology and mobile platform development (iOS/Android)
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Superior design and architecture knowledge
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams of star players
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top