Senior Manager, Software Development
- Vancouver, Canada
The Retail Pricing team drives the success of Amazon Retail. We build software that makes billions of monthly pricing recommendations on our marketplaces.
The Pricing Automation team is at the core of Amazon's Retail Pricing strategy. We earn our customers' trust by ensuring that we always deliver the lowest possible price, no matter where they are and in line with the scale of Amazon's growth. Our technologies ensure fast creation and analysis of pricing policies, and us machine learning, statistics and rules to prevent bad prices from ever reaching customers. In this role, you will lead a team of 30 Engineers and Managers, envisioning, architecting and implementing new services to automate the creation, error detection and correction of prices. As the Single Threaded Leader of the team, you will identify innovation opportunities and deliver new technical and business capabilities, while building a sustainable and inclusive team in which people develop as leaders of engineering, science and data.
This job is for you if you have a passion for setting and growing an innovative technical organization, as you lead the design and creation of self-improving technical systems.
• Bachelors, masters, or equivalent experience in computer science or related field, with 10+ years industry experience
• Experience in leadership roles for technical organizations of 30+ engineers, including setting up organizations and goals, and running operational processes for large software services
• Demonstrated results in envisioning and achieving large, long-standing technical change (such as large service launch or fundamental refactoring)
• Fluent in coaching, mentoring and management of both Individual Contributors and Managers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, great at finding stakeholders and growing the relationship with them based on trust, respect and data
• Profficiency in working on system architectures in partnership with Principal / Senior Software Engineers
• Background of coding professionally in a modern programming language (such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Perl, or Ruby)
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience creating and running services that rely on Machine-Learning and/or statistics
• Experience in Domain Driven Design
• Experience working with large scale distributed systems
• Past experience with large scale distributed systems and microservice architectures
Back to top