Senior Manager, Software Dev
- Cambridge, MA
Amazon QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use, cloud-powered business intelligence service for one-tenth the cost of traditional BI solutions. Amazon QuickSight makes it easy for all employees, regardless of their technical skill, to build visualizations, perform ad-hoc analysis, and quickly get business insights from their data. Amazon QuickSight uses a new calculation engine called SPICE to perform advanced calculations and render visualizations rapidly. Amazon QuickSight integrates automatically with AWS data services, enables organizations to scale to hundreds of thousands of users, and delivers fast and responsive query performance to them via SPICE's query engine.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering leader to lead teams of highly skilled engineers and managers with expertise and passion in building remarkable products with awesome user experiences - experience with client-side development using React JS, business intelligence, or mobile are all big pluses. As an experienced technical leader, you'll lead in defining and delivering industry leading next generation data visualization product architected for the cloud. If this is you, Amazon is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in this space and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
In this role, you will take overall responsibility for growing and leading software development teams that are responsible for critical components of QuickSight. You will develop the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these critical services. You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design trade-offs, and feature and schedule prioritization. As an engineering leader in AWS, you will also work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers.
This position within the Database Services team represents an unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, and have strong business acumen and judgment, the ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, the ability to hire and lead a team, the desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad customer and business impact.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 10+ years of commercial software development experience
• 7+ years in engineering people management position and 2+ years of experience managing managers
• Experience in Java and/or client-side technologies such as React
• Experience in agile enterprise-scale software development
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with 15+ years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• A leadership position in a team delivering remarkable user experiences in industry leading products
• Experience in BI, Analytics and Machine Learning
• Operational excellence is a strong plus
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top