Senior Manager, Seller Fees
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a big-thinking leader to develop monetization strategies for Seller services, focused primarily on fulfillment solutions. The role is on the Seller Fees team within Selling Partner Services. Over 2 million sellers offer new, used, and collectible selection to Amazon customers around the world. To meet our sellers' needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas. Amazon provides a suite of fulfillment solutions for our sellers including Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), FBA Small & Light, Seller Fulfilled Prime, FBA Onsite, and others. In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do.
We need a passionate, innovative leader to define and deliver monetization solutions for our global fulfillment solutions. The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence cross-functional teams. He/she will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and juggling multiple projects, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. He/she will work closely with Operations and Finance teams around the world.
The scope for this role includes the following:
• Lead and develop your team as owners of a strategic roadmap for modifying fee structures and magnitudes as well as developing new monetization practices/techniques. Communicate trade-offs to ensure we prioritize the most critical and impactful work. Initial scope focuses on inbound freight and storage solutions.
• Hire and cultivate the best talent, supporting career development by setting clear goals and providing effective coaching and feedback to your direct reports, which may include other managers.
• Partner with analysts, data scientists, and product managers to identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present executive level business recommendations.
• Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Manage and execute large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Lead reviews with Amazon Executive Leadership team.
• Report key insights and trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story line.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to build and lead a team, engage with senior business stakeholders, think creatively, drive results, keep pace with our explosive growth and inspire team to meet the challenges of a fast-moving business.
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or statistics (or related equivalent experience)
• 10+ years professional experience solving complex quantitative business challenges in a Consulting, Pricing, or Business Strategy function.
• 2+ years leading teams
• Superior verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to influence business/technical senior executives.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
• Demonstrated ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Experience in data modeling and analytics
• MBA/Master's/Ph.D degree.
• Experience in the development of business/pricing strategy.
• Experience operating in a highly matrixed organization, influencing partners in order to deliver results.
Back to top