Senior Manager, Research Science - Amazon Physical Stores
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in inventing new experiences that will benefit customers shopping in Amazon's physical stores? We are looking for a seasoned leader to charter continued innovation on behalf of Amazon's physical retail business. This role is highly strategic, and this leader will interact with all levels / across a broad range of teams across the company.
As the Sr. Manager of Research Science, you will lead a team of economists and research scientists in the development of state-of-the-art models to influence a wide range of decisions within the physical stores space: from product design, to customer targeting, pricing and more. Once built, you and team will partner closely with engineering teams to productize your models for scalable application.
The ideal candidate:
• Has a track record for developing and applying robust research to business problems
• Is entrepreneurial and innovative, and thrives on solving challenging, ambiguous problems
• Has built a strong followership, e.g. a reputation for hiring and developing strong teams
• Is adept at delivering short-term results while also building towards the future
• Can work fluently across both the research and technical aspects of the job
• PhD in economics, computer science, or related field
• 7+ years work experience in applied statistics, econometrics, or consulting
• 4+ years leading teams
• Coding ability in a scripting language such as R, Python, or STATA
• Experience in physical stores and/or other consumer businesses
• Proven track record of driving business results via the application of your models
• Fluency working with technical teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with ability to explain complex technical concepts and analysis implications clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top