Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to lead our APAC Renewable Energy strategy and grow our investments into Renewable Energy assets across the region. In this role, you will be responsible for deploying innovative solutions to unlock new renewable energy opportunities, negotiating and executing power supply contracts to deliver low-cost renewable energy supply to AWS data centers, powering our operations with 100% renewable energy by 2025. The candidate will need to be able to identify key market conditions, regulations, and market structures to develop and deliver on a comprehensive energy procurement and policy strategy across APAC. The optimal candidate will have a results orientated approach, analytical skill set, strong financial acumen, an extensive network with developers, IPPs, utilities, funds, financiers, and regulators across the energy industry value chain and a strong track record of Renewable Energy transactions in APAC.
• Lead investment activities into Renewable Energy assets through market transaction origination, structuring, project and financial diligence.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive power procurement and renewable energy strategy for AWS data centers. Work collaboratively with other AWS teams to support the development of strategic energy sourcing opportunities.
• Analyze trends and regulations in the energy space to proactively identify opportunities that benefit Amazon.
• Work with utility regulators to develop policies and guidelines that enable broader AWS strategies and objectives.
• At least 15+ years of experience working in energy/infrastructure/finance industry
• A proven experience in structured energy transactions and complex contract negotiations
• Deep understanding of the links between PPAs, investment models and project finance documentation
• Deep experience in APAC power markets
• Proven track record for cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, senior executives and stakeholders in high-impact situations
• Strong written and communication skills
• Master's Degree (MBA/MS) preferred
• Strong background in finance, investment in utility scale renewable projects, energy innovations projects and infrastructure development.
• Experience working with public utility commissions and other energy regulators
• Experience with IT infrastructure, data centers and cloud services
• Prior experience working with market operators and regulators globally
• Ability to converse in Japanese, Korean is advantageous
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.