About the Team
The Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) team supports all corporate office portfolio across the globe and business groups operating out of these spaces to provide real estate transaction expertise, capital investment program/project management, facility maintenance and employee services. We partner with suppliers to ensure quality, innovation and scalability with Amazon's business and utilize customer driven feedback to continuously improve and exceed employee expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of Senior GREF Manager, China is responsible for the Real Estate and Facilities matters of Amazon China corporate portfolio (current cities 12).and reports to Director, GREF Asia The Senior GREF Manager will lead the function in China and will be responsible for stakeholder management of its customers ( Internal Business teams occupying the Offices ) and must be comfortable discussing strategic matters and operating at a tactical level, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, implementer and cost controller. The role will have lead and provide direction to two full time resources and multiple partner team roles.
The optimal candidate is an experienced and vibrant professional who will excel within an entrepreneurial culture, working in ambiguous situations, providing vision, leadership, and communication but not afraid to dive into details. They should also understand the nuances of being a desirable but smart client or buyer fostering transparent external relationships, Securing the Amazon Brand and balancing frugality with creativity.
• Corporate Real Estate strategic planning
• Regular review with business leaders on business needs and GREF solution
• Regular update of local Real Estate market to leadership team
• Required financial analysis to support business decision
• Working with strategic planner on comprehensive and high quality strategic plan
• Spend approval write-up and make sure timely approval from global level
• Transaction and Portfolio Management
• Oversee the portfolio of China Corp sites, make sure timely action is carried out on lease renewal and negotiation
• Lead and monitor site searching for all new sites in China, provide guidance to transaction management team on business requirement of unit rate, amenities, location, transportation, and other important factors
• Coordinate required due diligence to ensure compliance of Amazon global guideline and local code focusing on MEP, IT, Security, EHS, etc.
• Review and approve lease contract
• Tenant Improvement project delivery
• Overseeing project management and delivery process, ensure regional designer and consultants are fully engaged to maintain consistency.
• Review and approve project execution plan, including project scope, budget and timeline
• Ensure project management policy, standard and program is incorporated into China projects.
• Execute capital projects / Operations by coordinating with other function teams including Finance , procurement, IT, Security, EHS, Legal, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Public policy , Internal Comms , HR, etc.
• Timely communication with leadership team and business units
• Ensure project delivery meet approved budget and timeline.
• Integrated Facility Operation and Administration
• Oversee facility management structure and delivery team
• Oversee transition planning and execution when new site is coming in
• Follow up facility operation policy, standard and procedures of China Corp offices
• Oversee and manage daily facility operation
• Oversee IFM related purchasing exercise, make sure GCP policy compliant
• Keep close relationship and communication with local site lead to ensure a high-quality facility operation delivery
• Finance budget planning and control
• Work closely with GREF and their partner finance team to prepare, review and confirm annual budget
• Involve in the required review with business finance leaders to make sure accuracy of department budget execution
• Monitor, supervise and approve all spending within portfolio as per S&TP
• 7+ years experiences in Corporate real estate and facilities environment, a significant portion of which should demonstrate success one or more of the following areas: Transaction management, Project management, corporate facility services, and/or hospitality management;
• Willing to be an individual contributor, as well as a team player with group of professional 3rd party suppliers
• English fluency
• Excellent communicator with CRM expertise
• Excellent writing skills
• Master degree
• Working experience in similar industry like internet, web service, etc.
• Customer service or relations management experience
• Real Estate or Facilities related degree