We are looking for a Senior Manager, Transportation Public Policy, to enhance Amazon's state advocacy on transportation issues. This position will support the continued development and execution of Amazon's public policy and advocacy efforts on transportation issues for numerous modes of transport, including drones, personal delivery devices, commercial cargo ebikes, and middle- and last-mile delivery drivers and vehicles.
In doing so, the Senior Manager will work in close coordination with others on the public policy and economic development team to engage with policymakers, regulators, and relevant industry organizations to advance Amazon's policy priorities in these areas. The position will also work collaboratively with business units, legal, and PR to ensure alignment on the advocacy agenda and priorities for Amazon's engagement.
• Bachelor's degree required
• At least 10 years of relevant policy experience with transportation issues, including but not limited to surface transportation and last mile delivery public policy issues.
• Experience working with public policy stakeholders, as well as experience managing multiple policy issues.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
• Understanding of state and city level transportation organizations and/or agencies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.