Senior Manager, Program Management - Transportation Intelligence & Execution
The North American Supply Chain and Transportation Operations Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to develop and manage a large functional group within our world class Network Operations Control Center (NOC). The role requires working with internal and external business teams to develop solutions that optimize our Inbound Supply Chain Network by improving the cost structure, service levels and quality of several programs through a robust project portfolio. A Senior Manager in the NOC will establish the vision and drive performance through operations and program managers across multiple shifts and locations.
The position will be responsible for managing operations, designing solutions, developing business cases and managing projects from design to production. Responsibilities include working collaboratively with internal and external resources to identify areas for improvements and develop metrics to monitor supply chain performance. The ability to create models, and develop tools to measure and improve the cost structure by product group and program is a must.
A Senior Manager in the NOC will successfully demonstrate:
- Influencing: An innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
- Leading: Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects.
- Deliver Results: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end solutions, working through the many obstacles along the way.
- Engaged Communicator: Ability to communicate the state of the business to executive leadership. Must know the details of the operation and be able to connect interrelated processes to respond quickly and accurately to escalation. Well-reasoned and data-driven written communication is required for developing team strategies and influencing technology stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of site operations functions, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals, strategic planning, analysis and set up business plans.
- Ensure and enhance process improvements by using LEAN/ Six Sigma/ Kaizen methodologies to enhance our productivity and make our customer experience better than ever.
- Business analysis and partnership across Amazon with Supply Chain, Retail and Finance leaders to develop new operating opportunities.
- Leverage ideas of Operations Managers, Program Managers and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the control center and take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across the entire operations.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the NOC with the goal to develop the management and improve the processes and assume an active role in contingency management.
Employees are expected to be open to working a variety of shifts. Most buildings, for instance, have night and weekend shifts, and many of our day shifts include one weekend day as part of the regular schedule. We do our best to match shifts with personal preference, but we reserve the right to assign employees to shifts and schedules based on business needs. All employees may be required to work overtime or on holidays, especially during our busy seasons.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering, Logistics or similar field or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 8+ years of applicable, professional experience managing cross-functional programs involving 10 or more internal/external customers
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Ability to travel up to 25% time to various facilities in the Amazon network
- Strong senior operations team leadership experience (manufacturing, production or distribution environments), in a similar fast-paced environment.
- Goal driven, target-orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture and long term vision for the department.
- Able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and possess a preparedness to get involved if needed.
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large-scale rapid and process driven environment.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as required, to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
- Excellent judgment to ensure timely decisions are made on a regular basis. Demonstrated ability to get things done and be resourceful.
- Maintain effective pace and produce conclusive, measurable results within time commitments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrate ability to manage, motivate, and influence team behaviors (including people management processes).
- MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering, Logistics or similar field
- Experience in using SQL and databases in a business environment
- Six Sigma Greenbelt/Blackbelt and understanding of Lean Engineering processes
- Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
- Extensive project and change management expertise.
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top