Senior Manager, Program Management, Digital and Device Customer Service
Amazon's Customer Service (CS) organization is seeking an outstanding Senior Manager to join the Digital & Device CS (D2CS) Team. The successful candidate will be a key member of the D2CS Program Management Leadership Team, which is responsible for driving high-visibility initiatives that directly impact our customers globally. This will be achieved through the development and implementation of a scalable framework that represents the best customer experience available. The role will focus on new digital services and device launches, international expansion activities along with continuous improvement program delivery.
This role requires a leader who is forward-thinking and innovative with the intellectual capacity to evaluate a wide array of options and identify what truly matters. The candidate will be focused on cultivating the strategic direction for the coming years, planning and developing for scale and efficiency, whilst remaining connected to the details of the business. A critical element to that end will be a strong reputation for attracting and developing the best talent. He or she will be passionate about usability and have a demonstrable track record of eliminating defects and simplifying products as well as support delivery mechanisms. Finally, this leader will be known for maintaining composure and strong judgement in a fast moving, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment.
- Define a world class customer experience across a wide range of cutting-edge products and services.
- Work within D2CS and with D2 Business Partners to scope and deliver projects and programs relating to product expansion, continuous improvement and realization of global goals.
- Collaborate with other worldwide CS and technical teams to continuously innovate and redesign programs to better serve our customers.
- Scale existing programs to expand coverage of services or programs to additional domestic and international locations.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all these.
- Ideate and drive strategic change across D2CS and D2 Program Management.
- Lead a team of program managers, with end-to-end responsibility for ensuring all programs meet operational and business requirements, milestones and delivery.
- Oversee all projects and programs in the portfolio, assigning resources based on complexity, availability and skill level. Monitor the program's overall progress: anticipating risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Define, prioritize and plan the programs that will need to be implemented, gaining alignment with all appropriate levels of stakeholders within Amazon's Customer Service (CS), Amazon's D2 Organization and external partners.
- Develop long-term D2 Program Management team strategies and significantly influence its development, delivery processes and standards.
- Identify and manage stakeholder groups, and provide regular operational metrics and business reports to those groups.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource in CS Operations, sharing best practices in project management and program management.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of program/product management experience
- 3+ years' experience in people management including hiring, people development, and managing multi-level teams
- Analytical thinker with a proven ability to probe, question and get "under the hood" of established business operations and processes.
- Expert in building and establishing relationships across all levels both within and external to the organization.
- Skilled in influencing and managing change across functions and at all levels.
- Expert planner with business process definition experience and a strong IT aptitude.
- Decisive problem-solver, and systems thinker.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written with an ability to gain trust and influence all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
- Think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies without significant management oversight.
- Solid business acumen preferably working in a Customer Service or Outsource service environment.
- Proven track record in the delivery of large scale complex cross-functional projects.
- Strong sense of personal commitment and urgency
- Master's Degree or MBA from an accredited university in a related discipline
- PRINCE2 or PMP Certified
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top