Senior Manager, Product Manager Technical
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Alexa focuses on bringing delightful, voice-activated experiences to Amazon customers. As part of the Alexa Search team, you have the opportunity to work on a platform that can fundamentally improve customer's lives in incredibly powerful ways across a multitude of devices. And, as part of a new domain, you also have the opportunity for grass-root innovation to shape how customers use voice in their everyday lives. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. You can make history with us, and the good news is that we've only just begun!
As the leader of the Alexa Search Product & Program Management team, you come with a start-up mentality and skills that span product development, engineering, program management and thinking big. You will recruit and manage a team of product managers and technical program managers who will work across a number of initiatives in the Alexa Search space. You will partner with science and engineering teams across Alexa who are working to tackle adjacent and/or complimentary issues and deliver business impact. You also will have the demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get results with exceptional attention to detail while also operating strategically and interacting effectively with senior management. You will have strong ownership over adoption, roadmap prioritization, product definition, messaging, customer interaction, marketing and sales enablement, and team development. Working closely with and across agile teams, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of Alexa and Amazon leadership.
Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential. As a Senior Manager, Product Manager Technical, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds special value to Alexa's customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. You will develop innovative technical approaches to state-of-the-art experiences where voice can add value.
This role is cross-functional, and will work closely with design, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. They will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing this rapidly, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity to bring voice-first experiences to life, and is deeply passionate about building great teams that deliver the highest quality services.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• 10+ years of experience in product or program management, or technology development
• 5+ years of experience building and leading product teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
• 3+ years leading design and delivery of large scale software systems across multiple teams/organizations/locations
• Experience with end to end product delivery, overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and influence at various levels without direct authority
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Demonstrated ability in delivering high quality technology products/services in a scale up environment where priorities can shift rapidly
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment and a track record of managing/ tracking deliverables across teams/organizations.
• A solid grasp of the business side of technology with strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Experience managing software development efforts in, distributed systems and/or developing large scale applications
• Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly with multiple levels of leadership along with ability to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong and talented team
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top