Senior Manager, Product Management
Amazon is looking for leaders to join the Vendor Management Services team.
Vendor Management Services (VMS), a division of Retail Systems, is a new central team driving programs and initiatives to improve key business metrics across all product lines with a focus on vendor self-service. VMS strives to improve the vendor experience and grow the Retail business through automated tools and solutions. Among the initiatives in flight, VMS is focused on increasing selection, optimized pricing, managing inventory, marketing programs, and negotiating with vendors to ensure we grow the business profitably. This role will be part of the team managing the internal migration of vendor relationships, driving systems initiatives, creating transparency for our retail categories, partnering with Retail teams to address critical initiatives, and helping craft the narrative as we scale VMS.
With tens of thousands of active vendors supplying millions of unique products, Amazon presents real opportunities to solve problems that no other company in retail faces. How do you manage one of the world's largest vendor bases and enable them to grow their business using automated tools and lean processes? How do you prioritize selection growth initiatives across various vendor and brand leads? How do you build scalable solutions to drive supply chain cycle time improvements? How do you drive consistent inventory management strategies across different businesses and optimize procurement? How do you setup a scalable process to manage our catalog, partner internally, partner externally, and run self-service merchandising programs? These are the types of challenges the VMS team is looking to address.
This is a unique opportunity to define retail vendor management practices that impact thousands of vendors and multiple internal teams. You will own key business initiatives and will be responsible for driving programs to scale. In this role, you will design and implement new processes, identify opportunities to optimize existing processes, communicate business requirements for technological solutions, partner with technology teams to prioritize VMS projects, and own project management end-to-end. Strong judgment, bias for action, and decision making are required to tackle the challenges in this fast paced environment while also ensuring that high standards are met. The ability to internally influence and navigate the organization effectively is critical to success in this position.
A strong candidate will have a blend of product management and project management skills with the ability to communicate effectively, conduct detailed analyses, manage large data sets, and identify strategic opportunities. We are looking for the candidate who balances strategic thinking with efficient tactical execution.
- Defining a world-class customer experience
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translating the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap
- Writing complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams
- Maintaining a product and feature roadmap and managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load
- Proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Leading cross-functionally to ensure we implement the business vision efficiently
- Potentially managing a user experience designer in support of your product requirements
- Experience managing product teams
- Superior written and oral communication abilities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and business judgment
- The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal
- Tenacity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor
- Demonstrated track record of working successfully with and influence teams across organizations, including internationally
- Experience translating business and editorial requirements into functional specifications
Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top