Senior Manager - Product Management
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Customer Service organization is constantly refining the tools and methodologies that allow us to innovate the customer experience. We realize that customers have poor experience shopping on Amazon on some occasions, we rebuild customer's trust using concessions as a mechanism. We identify defects that cause poor customer experience and drive them to resolution. We are looking for a product leader to own developing key components of a Shared Service architecture used for offering concessions to resolve issues via multiple Amazon webpages.
You will own the product vision, drive execution of the roadmap, and manage engagement with the stakeholders. You will manage a team of product managers, including managing workload, priorities, and ensuring the development of the team members. You will roll up your sleeves and work directly with engineering teams to help build and operate the features you have defined. You will create and track metrics to define the success of the system and build data-based cases for your decisions. You will develop a strategy for optimizing concession choices to offer for customers to rebuild trust. You will identify defects based on concession signals, identify stakeholders and drive resolution. You will also work with economists and Finance partners to determine optimal options. Additionally, you will use to optimize decisions in different parts of the business. You will work with business and engineering partners to add instrumentation to concessions technology.
A successful candidate will have:
• Experience with designing and launching customer-facing / associate facing products or services.
• Experience in people management.
• Deep technical understanding of technology and services to influence prioritization and key tech decisions.
• Experience driving a program to locate operational outliers.
• A broad perspective on the overall customer retail experience from discovery to post-order.
• Experience working directly with a dedicated software team to implement prioritized features.
• Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize and influence work prioritization.
• Results that shows creativity and innovation.
• Proven ability to drive and manage multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Ability to present compelling arguments and influence teams across Amazon to action through well written narratives.
• Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years of Technical Product Management experience
• Experience managing a team of product managers.
• Experience working cross functionally (design, product, analytics, and technology development)
• Analytical and quantitative skills; Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Past experience directly working with engineering teams to build technical products and services.
• 8+ years of Technical Product Management experience
• Experience managing financial systems and technology solutions.
• Experience building systems architecture for software products.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Back to top