Senior Manager, Process Engineering
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
By submitting an application to this role you will be considered for Senior Process Engineer roles.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you'll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing. Our goal is simple: to offer the world's greatest selection of products and services with the world's best customer experience.
Amazon is seeking Senior Process Engineers to work with the AR Process Engineering (PE) team. The PE team is a group of operational leaders driving process stabilization, standardization and continuous improvement for the AR Sortable FC Network. This team is essential to establish best in class network performance across all performance paths, accelerate implementation of technology advancements and to strengthen the technical acumen and process knowledge for the operational leaders across the FC network. As we continue to rapidly grow our FC footprint and infuse the organization with new talent, we need to ensure the operations teams are equipped with the functional expertize to successfully deliver expected gains for technology advances and network wide process improvements. The team will utilize tools to understand process control and establish process understanding with the outcome of minimizing variation between shifts, building and region, by driving standard operating procedures to deliver strong OP1 performance. The team will also work closely with the ACES team to identify and define the input metrics for each of the process paths to prioritize and channel resources to address gaps in these input metrics.
As a Senior Process Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join a team of process engineers aligned by area of technical expertise (Inbound Flow, Pick/Stow/Count, Pack Multis/Singles or Ship Dock). You will be responsible for identifying the opportunities across the network for your respective process path, prioritizing the improvement opportunities and partnering with sites to successfully execute. This role requires the ability to demonstrate ownership for your assigned process path performance, interpret data, and lead through influence to deliver meaningful results translating to tangible productivity and efficiency gains across the FC network. Some of the position's key responsibilities include:
• Evaluate performance objectives and metrics across the network to proactively identify process improvement opportunities within your assigned process path
• Partner with operational leaders within the FCs to execute implementation of process improvements driving stabilization and standardization across the network
• Serve as primary information source for your team and the larger network of operational leaders in the FCs as it relates to your respective process path to mitigate variation in process standards, input metrics, and knowledge gaps within FC network
• Define optimized operating window for each fulfillment process and develop detailed standard operating procedures to support daily operations
• Successfully manage, execute, measure and communicate the impact of the projects in partnership with the site leaders responsible for day to day operations
• Work with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Learning and Talent Development and ACES to conceptualize and drive capability development projects
• Mentor, train, and develop team of process engineers for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Completed Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or a related field
• Managerial Experience in the areas of: Engineering, manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• 2+ years of people management and development experience
• Demonstrate a track record of problem-solving and analytical skill, and of achieving results in similar work or operational environments
• Cross-functional project management experience
• Experience leading, teaching, and developing leaders to deliver key organizational goals
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
• Ability to motivate self and operations partners to meet expectations when given a deadline
• Master's degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
• Experience as a manager in the areas of: Engineering, manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
• Experience in people management and development
• Ability to Deep Dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise in an FC process path
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills as well as good business judgment
• Cross-functional project management experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top