Senior Manager - PMO
- London, United Kingdom
At Amazon we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to continually pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer offerings. As a result Amazon continues to grow and evolve across many different business lines.
In supporting this growth and evolution, Amazon Finance Operations (FinOps) goal is to deliver seamless procure-to-pay, order-to-cash and payroll processes that enable geographic and market expansion across all Amazon's businesses, from Retail, Digital and Advertising through to AWS and Logistics, while ensuring regulatory and legal compliance. As part of this growth we now seek a Customer Obsessed, Results Driven Senior PMO Manager to join our expanding EMEA FinOps Program Management Office (PMO).
We're not an average company and this is definitely not your average Program Management position. You'll have the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment where your ability to lead and inspire a team of Program Managers to deliver a portfolio of highly complex programs and projects to successful, high quality, on-time launches will be key. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to join an area that touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses globally.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading a team of Program Managers to deliver highly complex, large scale, strategic programs from initiation through delivery, on time and with quality.
• Ensuring consistent and efficient execution of programs and projects, which adhere to FinOps governance and project methodology frameworks, delivering high-quality, scalable solutions within aggressive timelines.
• Proactively identifying and mitigating program risks and obstacles by collaborating closely with business partners and key tech and non-tech stakeholders. This includes effectively communicating with, and influencing, senior, VP-level stakeholders across multiple parts of the organisation.
• Hiring, developing and managing a diverse team of bar-raising Program Managers to create a pipeline of future Amazon program leaders while building an inspiring, high-performance environment that attracts internal and external talent.
• Continually strengthening FinOps effectiveness with a relentless focus on identifying and delivering innovative, 'think-big' improvement opportunities which step change PMO and FinOps capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to lead large scale, highly complex program implementations or business transformations in fast-paced, deadline driven and virtual environments, ideally involving software development and system integration. They learn quickly, distil complex and ambiguous scenarios into easily understandable synopses and communicate persuasively, in both written and oral form, across all levels of the organization.
Finally, we require someone with a structured, analytical and problem solving mind-set capable of managing deep levels of complexity, while inspiring their teams to deliver effective, scalable and automated solutions that drive business growth.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or related field.
• 10+ years of program/project management experience in a mid/large size company with a proven record of successful project delivery working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of program managers independently while dealing with high levels of ambiguity, organizational complexity and trade-off requirements.
• Relevant project management accreditation e.g. PMP, Prince2.
• Strong foundational knowledge of core Finance Operations domains - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting and Payroll
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle and how it pertains to the project management lifecycle.
• Proven capability working with, presenting to and influencing senior executives up to VP level.
• Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business and technology stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities, manage risk and resolve conflict.
Back to top