Senior Manager Oracle Financial Applications Development - FinTech
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech is looking for an innovative, results-oriented leader to lead teams building and operating the next generation of systems to automate and optimize critical financial processes. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of functional analysts, engineers, and technical program managers to create and operate finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You will apply the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events and payment flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats. You will own the goals and roadmap of the your team, along with the strategic direction of your software and shape of your organization. You will demonstrate strong leadership as you control your own destiny in Amazon's ownership oriented culture.
Our team operates ERP and custom software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity, and a successful candidate will be able to dive deep into either realm to guide technical and functional decisions with their team. As a leader, you will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform for our people . We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
• Fundamentals in computer science and RDBMS
• Hands on experience of 5+ years building scalable systems on Oracle DB, preferably in Oracle ERP
• Strong functional domain knowledge in Oracle Financials R12+
• Functional knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment
• Expertise designing end-to-end Oracle e-Business suite solutions
• Hands on knowledge in performance tuning and designing Oracle ERP solutions for scale
• Stakeholder empathy
• Record of hiring great team members and developing leaders
• Communicates well with executives and non-technical leaders
• Thorough understanding of enterprise information systems with an ability to interact with business customers to understand and document business processes and requirements
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams
• Ability to prioritize multiple demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines
• Experience engaging Oracle support to research and resolve issues
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top