Senior Manager, Ops Integration
- San Francisco, CA
Who are we?
Amazon is looking for a Sr. Manager, Ops Integration with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own and execute strategic, cross-functional operations and technology projects in the Amazon Physical Stores team. This role requires scoping large projects, managing to project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. This role is open to both Seattle and San Francisco locations.
Key Job Elements:
• Create, manage and scope cross functional project plans that drive results while maintaining alignment with internal stakeholders.
• Standardize, design, simplify and improve processes to ensure successful, cost effective and continuous operations that can scale.
• Identify and eliminate root cause issues within current systems
• Own program status and risk communication, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus) by collaborating with customers to determine what projects move forward and in what priority
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey strategic direction to all levels within the organization and senior leadership
• Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited university or 8+ years of equivalent experience
• 8+ years of experience working in Program/ Product Management - identifying tasks/milestones/stakeholders, creating/owning project plans, initiating/executing work orders, influencing stakeholders, issue identification/resolution, communicating metrics/status updates.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Position requires up to 20% travel
• MBA, MS or MA in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Engineering
• 5+ years of strong quantitative and qualitative experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, Engineering or Business experience
• Experience leading kaizen or continuous improvement events.
• Strong business and financial acumen with data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail and bias for action.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top