Senior Manager - Networking Planning
- Windhof, Luxembourg
This role leads a team to manage forecasting, scheduling and configurations, and volume attainment and EU responsibility for executing Amazon carrier schedule. He or she will build out the organization to support a new and growing operation and will directly recruit, on board, and train Amazonians to support continued growth.
Amazon air business is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to develop robust network capabilities in Europe. The role requires working with internal and external stakeholders to design, plan and implement a carrier network in Europe to accelerate business growth. The position will be responsible for exploring strategic and tactical scenarios, designing solutions, and developing business cases. Responsibilities include working collaboratively with internal and external analytical resources to identify cost-effective and service-enhanced scenarios in line with business strategy, leading complex cross-functional analysis, engaging Amazon Operations Research teams to develop OR models through the definition of the business functional specifications, analyzing model output from an operational/business stand-point, developing solid internal networks with Operations (fulfillment centers, sort centers, last mile, etc.).
Needed Skills and Abilities:
• Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
• Leader: Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
• Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end solutions, working through the many obstacles along the way
• Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
• Big Picture Thinker: Strong abstract reasoning skills to understand and develop multi-dimensional solutions, understanding macro and micro behavior of key levers on business performance.
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
The position is based in Amazon's EU Headquarters in the city of Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering, Logistics or similar fields
- 7+ years of experience in a planning & engineering leadership role in transportation/logistic
- 3+ years experience in managing large cross-functional programs of more than $50MM yearly operating costs
- experience in cargo airline operations industry is a plus
- demonstrated experience in performing complex analysis/solving complex business problems
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to travel up to 15% time to various facilities in the Amazon network
• MBA preferred
• PMP certification preferred
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top