Senior Manager, MX Public Policy
- Mexico City, Mexico
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Mexico Public Policy, who will support Amazon's public policy and government relations activities in Mexico.
The Senior Manager will support the development and execution of Amazon's public policy and advocacy priorities at the federal, state, and local levels. The Senior Manager will also coordinate advocacy work on these issues with consultants, trade associations, and other relevant stakeholder groups.
The Senior Manager will work collaboratively and transparently with business units and Legal to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Senior Manager will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business and the public policy team, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
Focus and Deliverables
• Work collaboratively and transparently with the Americas Public Policy team, business units, and Legal to ensure alignment between core business priorities and public policy goals as it relates to Amazon's policy priorities in Mexico;
• Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business could face as the public policy landscape in Mexico evolves;
• Effect change and drive policymaking that will ultimately benefit our customers. Help manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives;
• Engage government officials in Mexico; and
• Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business could face as the public policy landscape evolves.
• Bachelor's degree required;
• At least 10 years of public policy experience in a major corporation, government, and/or a lobbying business in Mexico; and
• The ability to effectively communicate and advocate in Spanish and English, in writing and orally.
• Experience working with Mexican government officials, including at senior levels;
• An ability and desire to travel to the US and throughout Mexico;
• Exceptional public policy, government relations, and business judgment;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all corporate and political levels; create factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging; persuasively deliver messaging to relevant audiences; and interject points intelligently, concisely, and in a friendly way;
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to work well with diverse people and all levels of management/employees;
• Ability to maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry;
• Ability to concurrently address numerous and wide-ranging issues, and deal effectively with a broad range of public policy matters;
• Is a self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results;
• Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers;
• Ability to think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action; and
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others; be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen. Ability to intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
• JD/LL.B or Master's degree preferred.
Back to top