Senior Manager, Marketing
We are looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager for Audible who is smart, customer-focused and passionate about listening and reading to help us hone Audible's strategy and vision to invent the future of audio content, redefining audio books and listening experiences.
This role is inherently cross-functional. You will support the strategy for your functional area and oversee the development and execution of a customer acquisition roadmap based on that strategy and vision. You will work closely with multiple businesses—engineering, operations, and finance teams—to research, conceive, design, develop and deliver product-based marketing campaigns that create excitement and value for customers and grow business opportunities for Amazon.
The successful candidate will have will have 5 or more years of inbound digital marketing experience, leading conversion funnels across "must-have" consumer apps, websites, and search engines, combining creativity and passion for amazing customer experiences with a growth hacker mindset approach to driving acquisition. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple acquisition experiences (in both desktop web and mobile apps) that Amazon customers will love.
- Work with Product, UX, and Brand teams to develop and launch interactive Amazon web pages, search experiences and mobile app interfaces that have superior customer conversion rates.
- Work with Business Intelligence, Data Science, and Design teams to develop and data-driven page optimizations as well as machine learning-based targeting of visitors with high propensity to purchase.
- Collaborate with product to define the feature sets, business requirements, measures of success, and roadmap for amazing customer experiences.
- Create and maintain marketing platform feature roadmaps and manage prioritization and tradeoffs.
- Develop and manage the execution of marketing launch and go–to-market plans, learning from customer feedback, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time.
- Create buy-in for your functional area vision both internally and with other Amazon business units.
- Bring inbound marketing best practices to the organization.
- Have the ability to communicate directly with technical product teams.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 5 or more year's relevant inbound digital marketing experience.
- Proven track record of architecting high-performing customer conversion funnels on both enterprise-class websites and mobile apps.
- Successful track record in working closely with Product and Engineering teams to deliver on aggressive schedules.
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape marketing decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across brand, product, UX and data science to meet aggressive goals.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary rather than delegating to subordinates; founder / owner mentality
- Passion for audio content (if you don't love audio content, you probably don't want a hand in building its future).
- MBA from a top business school and a BS in a quantitative field.
- Ability to build Excel-based acquisition models and forecasts a plus.
- Domain expertise in Amazon's ecosystem—website, apps, and devices—a plus.
- Background in marketing a subscription content service.
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top