Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Amazon is seeking a Senior Manager, Internal Audit. Internal Audit's mission is to help the business to improve controllership, customer experience, and operational efficiency.
In this position you will be leading and developing the team of auditors that support Amazon Corporate functions globally. Corporate functions include Finance Operations Shared Services, Finance Technology, Corporate Procurement, Facilities, Corporate Security, Human Resources, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Information Security and Legal. You will be in charge of annual risk assessment to identify highest risk areas in each of the function and translating that to an annual audit plan for the Corporate audit team.
As a Senior Manager you will dive deep into the details of your team's audits. You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. You must be comfortable interacting with software development engineers as well as the business. You will have the opportunity to learn our customer focused business and interact with a wide range of stakeholders.
You must be able to translate risks into business issues as well as prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy. You must be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms. You must be a strong project manager who can conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
This position is based in Seattle, WA and may require up to 10% domestic & international travel.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in operations auditing, risk management or compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented leader – ability to motivate, manage, and drive consensus across diverse teams
- Consulting, advisory, or related client service experience
- Familiarity with a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with ACL, Tableau or other data analysis tools
- Relevant certifications (CISSP, CISM)
- Familiarity with COBIT, ISO and/or ITIL frameworks
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top