Senior Manager, HKT Service Specialist
- Hong Kong
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges.
AWS GCR is seeking a Senior manager for HKT Service Specialist team to lead our entire Services portfolio of businesses. From large scale businesses like EC2 Compute and Databases to the next generation of emerging technology like Machine Learning Services and Quantum Computing, this role will ensure the long term health and growth of current and future technology services at AWS. This leader will work backward from our customers to bring market demand and insights to our Service engineering teams and product roadmap, and translate our industry-leading services into technical solutions that create value for our customers. This function will also act as a member of the GCR WWSO (World Wide Specialist Organization) Leadership team, ensuring best practice sharing from around the GCR. As the Head of HKT Service Specialist team, you will play a critical role in our product development, driving inputs into all facets of the product lifecycle including Market Assessment, Product Validation, and Preparing for Scale, Scale-out, and Continuous Innovation. You are the primary owner of HK & Taiwan Service category rev via working closely with filed Business Development (BD) team, and you will lead team to define specific service category GTM (Go-to-market) plan in HKT with specific sales motion, input goal measurement. You will play critical role as bridge between field BD and Service team and help to coordinate service team resources to support HKT lighthouse customer projects and help filed team to articulate the HKT specific customer problem and requirement accurately to facilitate the key decisions with leadership team including service GM.
The ideal candidate has a technical business background with an understanding of product lifecycles that enables him/her to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of global organizations. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, next generation applications like machine learning, and will have performed market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations. He/she has a background that enables him/her to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches selling to organizations from Enterprises to Startups.
Based in HK or Taiwan reporting into the Director of AWS GCR WWSO, the successful candidate will also serve as a critical member of the AWS GCR WWSO leadership team, helping to shape our Greater China AWS Service portfolio growth strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Lead the Service specialist BD/GTM efforts for AWS Greater China while building and leading a high performing team
• Define, build and deploy focused sales and business development plan for specific service category in conjunction with field teams to deliver to organizations from Startups to global Enterprises.
• Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS service value proposition;
• Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions for AWS service or a technical solution via AWS sales and partner teams;
• Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness to sell AWS managed services and technical solution to enterprise customers;
• Engage in senior level internal and customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and explore how the AWS service can help address and resolve these issues;
• Serve as an evangelist for the AWS service within AWS, and externally;
• Develop a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
• Analyze and assess new market opportunities while testing new Go To Market strategies and sales motions;
• Bring various stakeholders together to build collective mindset in developing the AWS service;
• Establish ways to measure, track, and report metrics related to adoption of the AWS Service, and make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
• Author and present business reviews to the executive team(s) regarding progress and metrics.
• Strong leader with technical, product and customer facing experience
• The right person will be analytical, and possess 10+ years leading strategic Go To Market and Product activities for related subjects and business customers;
• Experienced selling data center products and solutions, managed services preferably cloud;
• Excellent enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insights in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT;
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in Chinese and English are a must;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• 10+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience;
• Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations;
• Experience selling to Startups;
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc);
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms;
• Experience identifying and sponsoring acquisitions in targeted expansion areas;
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top