Senior Manager, Global Mile EU Cross Border
- Windhof, Luxembourg
The Global Mile Cross Border Exports team innovates, builds and operates cross-border e-commerce shipping, fulfillment and customs capabilities to enable global growth and expansion. Our goal is to make cross border shipping experience from all origin marketplaces as simple, fast and reliable as domestic shipping for our customers in 190+ countries.
As the Senior Manager for EU Cross Border team you will be accountable for the overall performance of all cross-border transactions to and from EU . Performance includes but is not limited to financial performance (margin growth and target costs), delivery performance into a fulfillment network and shipping promise to a consumer (within or outside your country/region). As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible to propose and manage the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives as well as stepped improvements or product implementations for your country/region, ensuring that we are always ahead of what our client's needs are (sellers and consumers). Subject to the Supply Chain structure of your country, you will be responsible to manage 3PL / LSP's as well as the relationships with other Amazon subsidiaries / divisions and Government agents in that country.
Responsibilities to include
• Developing core competencies and capabilities for scalability and growth is a critical component of the Senior Manager's success.
• Develop a growth roadmap by defining the delivery experience together with the retail teams to determine the vision on what the customer wants and work on a project plan to exceed that expectation.
• Accountability for managing and improving margin and reducing costs to meet and exceed our commitment to provide lowest cost shipping rates. This includes managing any waste in the supply chain and mitigating our risks.
• Responsible for identifying and driving growth and expansion initiatives which will include new product implementations as well as new trade lanes or arc expansions.
• Initiate and implement continuous improvement initiatives that will drive cost down and reduce hours in the shipping options, specifically to allow us to expand and offer our Prime Options in a country/region.
• Initiate, plan and drive step improvement that increases our scalability and reduces our cost per unit through technology innovations and integrations.
• Document and measure standard work within country and between trading lanes to improve reliability and predictability and performance measurement.
• Attract and appoint the best people within the team, ensuring we remain compliant with local labor laws and regulations.
• Manage people through performance management and reviews.
• Manage various stakeholders, internally and externally, ensuring that we always understand the requirements and are in good standing.
• Manage the performance of local carriers, providing feedback to Procurement and other interested parties on performance.
• Manage local RFI's and RFQ's in set up phase or on an annual basis in conjunction with Procurement.
• Ensure 100% adherence to local and global compliance and safety policies, working with Global Trade and Compliance.
• Subject to country/region structure, appoint and manage vendors such as 3PL's and other LSP's.
• Bachelors Degree
• 10 + years of experience with product/program management functions
• 7+ years of global supply chain or logistics experience
• Experience partnering effectively with geographically disperse or ad-hoc teams including tech without regard to team members organizational alignments
• Ability to roll-up sleeve, deep dive and use hard data and metrics to back up recommendation
• Proficient in Excel and/or SQL
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on complex, customer impacting solutions
• Relentless customer focus and obsession
• Experience in process improvement activities
• MBA or Masters Degree
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically in an ambiguous, high-energy and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top