Amazon's Rapid Asset Deployment (RAD) team provides IT/infrastructure solutions in support of Operations, including the launch of new sites, equipment lifecycle asset management, and various network infrastructure programs.
The Global RAD Leader has complete responsibility for inbound, outbound, inventory management, manufacturing and assembly operations at a RAD Fulfillment locations Globally. RAD facilities provide critical support to all Amazon locations, Amazon Logistics, ATS, Middle Mile, and Last Mile operations.
You will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team of exceptional talent that makes innovation possible. One of your focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team, while we scale at rapid pace. To achieve this, Global Leaders are creative problem solvers who are able to dream in immense scale, interpret big data, and deliver meaningful results that keenly drive productivity and efficiency. We expect our leaders to continually identify ways to improve our operations for the benefit of our operational customers, which involves expanding fulfillment and manufacturing capacity. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet challenges in a deadline-driven fulfillment environment.
• Lead and supervise a team of site leaders and associates in outbound/inbound operations and equipment assembly by embodying Amazon's Leadership Principles.
• Be responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience for all RAD fulfillment sites globally.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Be accountable for meeting and exceeding operational goals and performance metrics.
• Perform strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance, resolve problems; and address staffing needs as it relates to all fulfillment operations.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning.
• Develop and share best practices for continual improvement.
• Act as the primary information source for the team and for RAD fulfillment operations globally, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed.
• Mentor, train, and develop management team for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
• Ensure the creation, communication, and maintenance of quality control policies and standard work procedures.
• Ensure process improvement initiatives are identified and implemented using Lean Methodology.
• Build and deliver productivity and production plans by reviewing forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and leading other RAD Regional Managers to balance capacity for labor and volume balance.
• Manage performance objectives and metrics to determine inbound or outbound productivity to achieve customer time, accuracy, and quality expectations
• Partner with other peer managers based Regionally to share best practices across fulfillment sites, programs and customers; aligning operations fulfilment with other supply chain functions to create a cohesive team.
• Take ownership in your work and in your teams.
• Ensure manufacturing processes are followed, fully developed and scaled for growth.
• BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent related experience
• 7+ years of experience in supply chain, operations, manufacturing or program management within a fast paced metrics driven environment
• MBA or MS in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Research or related field
• 10+ years managing multiple operations and fulfillment sites, with proven track record of continuous improvement, engineering and manufacturing background
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.