Senior Manager, Financial Communications
- Herndon, VA
Amazon is seeking a Senior Manager of Financial Communications to join its Corporate Communications team. This role will support communications for Amazon's Financial and Regulatory activities, including quarterly earnings, annual reporting (annual report, proxy, and other filings), shareholder meeting, and external speaking appearances.
The successful candidate will have experience with the fundamental elements of financial communications, including financial and business acumen, understanding of regulatory requirements, and experience in corporate communications at a publicly traded company. This individual will have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, and have a track record of generating results. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated and technical subject matter, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express opinion. The role works closely with a range of internal stakeholders across worldwide communications, investor relations, finance, legal, and other departments. The successful candidate will be prepared to roll up his/her sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of their direct remit.
• Partner with investor relations and legal teams to communicate quarterly earnings. Assist with writing press releases, preparing key messages, and managing media.
• Partner with investor relations and legal teams to communicate annual filings, including the annual letter to shareholders, proxy, and annual report. Assist with writing content, preparing key messages, comprehensive internal and external communications planning, and managing all media.
• Partner with investor relations, legal, and events teams to plan the annual meeting of shareholders.
• Manage all media inquiries and coverage associated with the release of legal documents, such as the annual letter to shareholders, proxy, annual report (10-K), quarterly earnings (10-Q), and other SEC filings.
• Act as a strategic advisor to Worldwide Communications Team on complying with for SEC regulations as it relates to external communications and public relations.
• Advise and prepare senior executives and the Finance and Global Services (FGBS) employees on external communications approaches and participation, including interviews and events.
• Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson.
• Collaborate with FGBS internal communications team.
This position can sit in DC, Seattle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 8+ years of communications and public relations experience at a publicly traded company
• Bachelor's Degree
• Business and financial acumen, including corporate structure, transactions, finances, and SEC regulation.
• Extensive experience working effectively at senior levels with company executives, top-tier media, industry analysts, and other corporate influencers.
• Track record of successful delivery of major corporate communications campaigns.
• Expertise in writing a variety of content, including news releases, owned channels content, and speaker briefs.
Back to top