Are you passionate around developing new and innovative processes that combine finance, operations excellence and technology to drive improvement? Have you led large cross-functional projects to increase efficiency and accuracy and reduce waste? If so, the Finance Operations team is the place for you. Our priority is to identify, scope, and deliver upstream systems and process improvements which reduce operating expense, increase free cash flow, improve customer experience and establish first pass yield process efficiencies.
The Finance Operations organization works with every part of Amazon to provide procure-to-pay, revenue-to-receipt, real-estate and facilities, operations accounting and operations excellence services with the highest level of controllership at the lowest cost to the company. We provide the backbone systems and operational processes which completely, accurately, and validly pay Amazon's suppliers, invoice our customers and report financial results.
This role will be a key member of the Finance Operations Business Partnership team supporting Amazon's Mexico Consumer business. You will be a key player of a team comprised of high performing operations excellence and finance professionals to drive upstream systems and process initiatives which improve the quality and accuracy of data used by Finance Operations to pay suppliers and collect from customers. This role interacts deeply with Consumer and Consumer Finance teams, obtains and summarizes critical data sets to trace defect areas to primary root cause drivers, scope future state solutions, influence roadmap decisions at the VP level and measure the effectiveness of solutions that are implemented over time.
To succeed, you must have the ability to obtain critical data sets to measure performance and defect rates, engage deeply with diverse and talented business partners, earn trust using fact and data, and have a demonstrated ability to advise and influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication.
• Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and develop and implement plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
• Identify and develop opportunities for improved cash flow, margin or productivity internal and external to Finance Operations, collaborating and building relationships with system and business owners globally to drive end-to-end improvements and sound financial and customer experience recommendations and successes.
• Develop and implement effective organization communications with business partners, including financial modeling and analysis, metrics and reporting that provide insights and a proactive way of managing and monitoring the impacts of change.
• Drive critical vendor, process and system escalations effectively to ensure root cause analysis and effective problem resolution and improved customer experience while ensuring the highest degree of controllership and customer obsession.
• Identify and quantify financial and operational risks and opportunities both internal to Finance Operations and to the business, driving ad-hoc projects as required.
• Establish a regular cadence of engagement with the many Finance Operations Service Centers and businesses, ensuring process excellence with the highest degree of controllership.
*Please submit your resume for this role in English.
• BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field
• 10+ years of Finance experience, OR Master's Degree and 7 years of Finance experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Fluent in written and verbal in English
• MBA, CPA, PMP
• Financial operations (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or Procurement) or online consumer experience
• Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma
• Experience with process improvement and operational excellence
• Excellent financial modeling & data analytics skills, including Excel, Tableau, Access, and SQL Server to provide insights, feedback and perspective on operational and financial performance
• Advanced understanding of SQL and ETL tools, or the willingness to develop a deep level of understanding in a short period of time.
• Experience with optimizing operations and finance for cash flow, margin and productivity improvements
• Excellent business judgment, controllership mindset and decision making skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as lead others, in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated successful track record of leadership while managing multiple projects and priorities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to present to senior leadership.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
• A strong work ethic founded on a desire to exceed expectations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.