Senior Manager, EU Strategic Pricing Initiatives
- Manila, Philippines
Amazon is looking for an innovative, data-driven and creative Senior Product Leader to lead Amazon's Price Perception program across Europe. Our mission is to work backwards from the end-to-end shopping journey and recognize real-life human beaviors, to radically improve our customers' price experience.
How we do invest in and optimize our onsite experience (including but not limited to pricing) to improve Amazon's price perception among customers and non-customers? This is the key question we are trying to answer at scale for the millions of customers we have across the EU and will require marrying our underlying price competitiveness levers with behavioural economics, marketing and CX design.
A great candidate will work with a global team, our UK-based economist team and as EU-wide stakeholders to form insights about customers from data analysis, usability studies and focus groups. You will lead the global Price Perception Program vision and roadmap for the EU region, working closely with global counterparts, pricing and selection leadership.
- Working backwards from the customer to determine the insights / vision to improve Amazon's price perception in the EU
- Driving a concrete roadmap of building blocks across pricing strategy as well as the look and feel of the price shopping experience.
- Creating program goals and related metrics, tracking progress and managing through obstacles/blockers to achieve your objectives.
- Communicating progress to EU leaders on a regular basis (the program has a very high level of visibility)
- Identifying other strategic pricing initiatives to drive pan-EU
The role is as an individual contributor but with significant autonomy, a complex set of senior stakeholders and pan-EU workstream teams. The program is supported by a team of economists and business information engineers.
• University degree from a reputable institution. Analytical qualification or background preferred
• Experience at a top-tier consultancy, high-functioning medium-large corporate, or other fast-paced environment(s) interacting with senior executives
• Success in roles of increasing responsibility
• Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders, effect change and a track record of successful delivery
• Ability to prioritize and organize others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner and in engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Strong analytical capability (and working knowledge of Excel)
• Experience in e-commerce, retail, or a related field
• Prior experience in pricing or commercial strategy
• Experience of, or a passion for, behavioural economics and marketing
• Prior experience working pan-EU
• An MBA or similar business / economics / marketing qualification
• Experience of working with business information engineers (who will provide data)
• Some people management experience: Role is an individual contributor but requires prioritising work and organising others. People management very likely required in future roles at the same level.
Back to top