Senior Manager, Engineering
- Seattle, WA
Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon Web services (AWS) Elastic MapReduce (EMR) team as a Senior Manager of Software Engineering!
EMR is a massively scaled distributed service that gives users fast and predictable Big Data performance with clusters running Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run millions of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features including the next-generation cluster management system, real-time processing for big data and intuitive ways of interacting with data, and we're looking for top engineers to build them from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position where you will be do everything from designing and building extremely stable components and cutting-edge features for the savviest customers in the business to help them get the best results.
You will have a chance to work with the open source community and contribute significant portions its software to open source projects possibly including Spark and Presto. You need to not only be a top software engineering leader, but will need to be able to dive into the code while leading software design and architecture, have an understanding of big data and parallelization, and a stellar record of delivery but also excel at leadership and customer obsession and have a real passion for massive-scale computing. If you want to truly want to help lead a team to solve the hardest challenges in distributed systems to build solutions for large scale problems in a wide variety of domains, come join our group.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead engineering teams to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Deliver systems and features with top-notch quality, on time
• Develop new technologies for monitoring production clusters
• Own the software development process end-to-end, including: working with engineers and product managers to develop requirements; designing, architecting, planning, implementing, and testing new systems and features; deploying, and operating the production EMR systems.
For more information, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/emr/
• 10+ years' experience developing a complex software product
• 8+ years' experience in software engineering management
• 3+ years' experience in managing managers
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science with a minimum of 15 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Experience with database systems kernel development or engineering large scale distributed systems is strongly preferred.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top