Senior Manager, DynamoDB Storage
Want to shape the future of a NoSQL database service that serves mission-critical workloads with peaks of more than 100 million requests per second? How about we make it (even) faster?
Amazon DynamoDB is one of the largest distributed database systems in the world, but it's always Day 1 for the DynamoDB business. We are looking for a seasoned technical leader for an elite team of developers committed to the goal of growing the DynamoDB business by ten times over the next two years.
The engineering leader that are are looking for must possess analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills and have expertise with high-performance systems or service design. You should be comfortable building and managing teams through all phases of software development, including hiring and growing your own team of managers. The ability to translate high-level technical requirements into executable project plans is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us in and help AWS continue to lead the cloud computing revolution.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• 10+ years of commercial software development experience, with at least 6 years managing a development team
• 5+ years experience with more than one of Java, C/C++, C#
• 7+ years experience of management experience and 2+ years of leading teams and managing managers designing and delivering systems level software
• Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Experience developing system software, distributed systems and data networking offerings
• Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
• Familiarity with relational database principals.
• Background developing database internals.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top