Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon's cloud product line Amazon Web Services (#AWS), is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies globally. In India, Amazon Internet Services Private Ltd. (AISPL), is the local seller for cloud services (AWS Services) and is looking for an experienced and qualified personnel to join its Premium Support team in India focusing on Amazon's AWS referred as AWS Support.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers using AWS Cloud as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Premium Support team, employed with and working for AISPL, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within AISPL developing these new capabilities.
As a Senior Operations Manager and member of the leadership team of AISPL, you will be directly responsible for the management of a team of Operations Managers and Cloud Support Engineers of AISPL as well as the overall operational excellence of the support site, delivery to AWS Premium Support customers and acting as an escalation point for both internal and external customers.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Establish the right support engineering team structure and overall technical support strategy to meet service needs
• Work directly with Global AWS support teams to ensure a high quality, fast resolution customer experience
• Drive customer communication during AWS critical events
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience
• Build teams that are exemplary in terms of Operational Excellence (OE), scalability, and service consistency
• Partner with business leaders, technical managers, and Senior/Principal Engineers to determine the long-term viability of your support services, from business and technology standpoints
• Able to handle and drive critical customer issues/escalations to closure
• As a leader of leaders, you work towards growing successful senior Support Engineers/Support Engineering Managers through collaborative development planning, coaching, and strategic project assignment
• Create a positive culture and participate in efforts to drive improvements within your organization (e.g., recruiting, peak readiness, Connections/Tech Survey action plans, and Operational Excellence initiatives)
• Communicate and drive strategic projects /initiatives across locations
• Lead efforts to improve overall customer experience, quality, supportability, maintainability, and efficiency
• Complete analysis of teams and present periodic reviews of operational performance
• 18+ years of experience in a Technical support, engineering or Operations environment 10+ off which should be in managing technical teams
• Must have BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree. Higher education preferred
• International experience is an added bonus
. Proven experience in managing highly technical support teams in a senior position
. Highly motivated and passionate about technology should have experience in Cloud computing service offerings
• Ability to understand service architecture and operational parameters, to effectively manage and handle critical problems/complex escalations
• Have a proven record of driving improvement programs in the Operations, Engineering and Support fields
• Proven track record of delivering results through people, business and operations management
. Good understanding of web related technologies, Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows) and Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing)
• Strong experience in one of the technical domains Database, Big Data, AI & ML, Analytics
• In depth experience in Data Warehouses/Data lakes, RDBMS/NoSQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer communication during AWS critical events.
• The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader must have a track record of achieving that balance.
. Experience in Infrastructure/Application service management
. Exceptional people leadership, engagement skills and demonstrated ability to inspire and motive large teams of 100+
. Cloud Certifications eg. AWS Cloud Practitioner or AWS Solution Architect Associate