Senior Manager, Corporate Development
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com is seeking an extremely talented Corporate Development professional to generate, manage, and execute mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, and strategic partnerships for Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will be a key partner to AWS's senior leadership and highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker who is passionate about Amazon and the future of cloud services. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Superb negotiation skills are essential. This role includes managing relationships that may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and have broad implications across Amazon. The Corporate Development team is small and values authentic, strong-willed individuals who think creatively and proactively.
Key Strategic Objectives:
The ideal candidate will research and generate ideas, prioritize objectives and plan internal activity, drive due diligence and valuation analysis, spearhead term sheet and contract negotiations, create and present strategic documents and recommendations, and support integration by partnering with key leaders.
Focus and Deliverables:
• Identify compelling opportunities that support Amazon's strategic priorities through primary engagement with senior business leaders, investment bankers, and venture capitalists
• Partner with business and product teams to comprehensively assess expansion opportunities and build internal and external consensus
• Serve as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
• Lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts
• Evaluate value creation opportunities and risks in potential transactions
• Negotiate key legal documents and bring transactions over the finish line
• Work with cross-functional groups within Amazon, including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, and Accounting teams
Bachelor's degree is required. MBA is preferred.
• Significant experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting
• History of successfully completing complex, high level negotiations
• Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple stakeholders and projects with limited resources
• Self-starter who excels in technically demanding, fast-paced, and fluid environments
• Ability to demonstrate creative and analytical thinking
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships to facilitate deal flow
• Passion for big challenges
• Great sense of humor
• MBA from a top tier school
• Very strong analytical and communication skills
• Able to demonstrate creative and strategic thinking
• Ability to build and maintain a network of senior level relationships to facilitate deal flow
• Experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
• Passionate about big challenges
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top