Senior Manager, Business Intelligence, AWS Finance
- Dublin, Ireland
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
The AWS Sales, Marketing and Sales Operations Finance teams are searching for a Business Intelligence leader to manage a team of Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) who provide data and analytics to support AWS's Finance organization. We are seeking a leader who can Hire and Develop the Best, improve our customer-facing communications, design and build self-service tools, and strengthen our relationship with the many teams we support.
The successful candidate will be an expert in program management, people management, and have exemplary verbal and written communication skills. The candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The candidate will love working with business partners to answer key business questions.
• Manage, hire, and develop a team of BIEs, including building individuals' business and technical skills.
• Manage and improve our BI customer communications.
• Manage and improve the BI self-serve data resources used by our internal customers (e.g. dashboard systems, SQL code repositories, data dictionaries, and data catalogs).
• Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar, or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience managing teams of 5 or more people, including hiring, coaching, and promoting individual contributors.
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and driving projects to completion.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams.
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting trends in it.
• Advanced SQL skills.
• Great written and verbal communication skills - can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
• Experience working with Finance organizations and financial data.
• Experience working with sales teams.
• Experience drafting and managing user documentation and self-serve tools.
• Experience with Python or other coding languages.
• Willingness to learn and open to new ideas, but aware of when to stop and reach a decision.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top