Senior Manager - Big Data & Machine Learning, Amazon Scout
- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout .
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
We are looking for a versatile leader who is able to go technically deep, lead and grow a strong of software engineers. You will drive the development of a scalable data platform that will form the backbone of our vison in robotics. You ideally have a track record of shipping multiple high scale solutions and providing technical leadership, and are not afraid to dive into highly ambiguous areas. You will collaborate with top-notch research and machine learning scientists and engineers to build high-quality production code. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the real world, love solving problems with large data sets and delivering great software, we want to talk to you!
- Drive the vision for the Big Data and Machine Learning platform development
- Investigate, and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor members on their appropriate application
- Work side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on challenging problems
- Be comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience managing teams of 6-8 people, including hiring, coaching and growing
• 5+ years of Big Data systems experience
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, C# and/or Java
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with Computer Vision
• Familiarity with AWS tools for data processing, machine learning and visualization
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Robust planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top