Senior Manager, AWS Threat Intelligence
- Seattle, WA
The prominence of AWS in the world today emphasizes the key role that the leader of our threat intelligence team plays motivated fundamentally on protecting our millions of customers and the company itself. This role is not academic or a generalist, but operationally focused on continuously raising the bar of our security posture worldwide. Considering that scale and breadth of AWS, a background in both the threat space and the technologies necessary to discover, track and action intelligence insight is a must. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role where sound judgement is essential. Can you provide strategic insights into threats and drive the initiatives necessary to drive down risk to Amazon's customers? Do you have the discipline to deliver results that will influence and shape our worldwide security posture? Are you ready to do all this on a massive scale, with a passion for ownership and focus on customer? If so, this role may interest you.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about utilizing big data and analytics to solve real security problems. This role offers you the opportunity to lead the generation of threat intelligence and also drive the technical means to apply that intelligence understanding to improve our security posture across the full breadth of AWS. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to build teams and services that are at the cutting edge. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS' security posture.
This leader is expected to have a track record of delivering high quality results and best-in-class solutions in a fast-moving environment. We need someone who's comfortable building teams, developing staff, and leading by example. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline for operational excellence is key. We are a mixed discipline team that identifies opportunities to improve the security posture of all AWS infrastructure and drives their implementation across the company. This team helps AWS Service teams and AWS Customers to both build and use the cloud through the implementation of innovative security solutions. The ability to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and drive a high level of focus and excellence within a strong team is crucial.
• Lead a team of Threat Intelligence Analysts and Threat Intelligence Engineers, providing strategic direction and tactical oversight.
• Manage the Threat Intelligence lifecycle, including identification of new and emerging threats and then devise the means to use this insight in the creation of detection mechanisms.
• Maintain a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve practices.
• Communicate threats to leadership, customers, and partners in a consistent voice and format.
• Coordinate with service owners to assess threats and align controls across platforms, evaluate security incidents to identify patterns including the tactics, techniques, and procedures, and use the data to predict threat trends.
• Establish and enforce terminology, reporting requirements, and automation to ensure consistent analysis.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups as part of the organization's security effort.
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
• 10+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibility leading teams, driving technology, threat intelligence processes, methodologies, and tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of threat intelligence methods, standards, processes, and industry standard intelligence lifecycle approach.
• Direct experience in incident response, red teams, and/or security operations.
• Have planned and managed multiple parallel projects, and open to new ideas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations.
• Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments.
• An advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field.
• Experience as an intelligence analyst with an emphasis on computer/network defense with a national intelligence agency.
• Ability to think and innovate at scale.
• Multidisciplinary experience in intelligence, incident response, forensics, program management, and product development.
• Experience with global technology implementation efforts and rollouts in large organizations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top