Senior Manager, ASEAN Sales Database
- Culver City, CA
Want to make Database history?
Come and lead the AWS ASEAN Database team - and help our ASEAN customers realize the value of the diverse Amazon Relational Database (RDS) services portfolio. Thousands of customers run managed databases on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing platform. As a Snr Sales Manager and the leader of the AWS ASEAN Database business, you would be able to shape the future of the Database Platform industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space.
You would use your business savvy to lead Database Specialist Sales incl. the execution of global and local sales programs and campaigns, and drive AWS' Database Go To Market (GTM) to identify new markets and opportunities. Leading a team of Database Sales+GTM specialists, together with domain solution architects, you would work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements, and turn them into reality with best practice solutions based on our platform of Database services. Your in-depth knowledge of the database market, (especially Oracle and/or SQL Server) will help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right Database services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will equip you to, drive demand generation campaigns, evangelize our Database platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners. You will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to senior business and technical management.
The ideal candidate will possess business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as having a technical background that enables them to easily interact with senior technical leaders. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Lead the Database specialist team in helping to drive sales, marketing, business/market development, and technical strategies for the Database industry across ASEAN.
• Lead the execution of the ASEAN GTM for AWS Database services portfolio incl. Relational (commercial and Open Source) and NoSQL engines.
• Lead the definition and sizing of target market segments, customer base, and key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Lead the creation of strategic business development plans for target markets and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS global and AWS ASEAN strategic direction.
• Lead the development of industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS ASEAN value proposition for enterprise cloud computing, including datacenter-to-cloud extension and migration.
• Execute the AWS Database GTM while working closely with internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, & partner teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS ASEAN service teams)
• Drive the development of the business pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Understand the unique business & technical requirements of our customers and drive the engagement of internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our largest and most complex customers.
• Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management.
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new commercial customers.
• Manage complex enterprise contract negotiations, in cooperation with AWS ASEAN legal and professional services teams.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• Lead prospecting through campaigns, business partners, and other activities to identify new customers
• Clearly articulate the AWS Database Platform propositions to customers, partners and internal staff.
• The right person have spent at least 12+ years selling Database solutions. Ideally have in depth knowledge in Oracle and/or SQL Server RDBMS products
• Have demonstrated experience in developing GTM strategies performing roles such as business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management.
• Should have demonstrated an ability to work in matrix organization with multiple stakeholders• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Experience in Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence/Analytics tools is an advantage but not essential
• Experience working within the technology industry is essential
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• MBA or equivalent background helpful
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top