Senior Manager, Alexa International Quality
Alexa is the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Alexa is available in the UK and Germany, and we are seeking a leader to design and operate the processes that ensure that Alexa experiences and devices launch and continue to operate at the highest level of quality in countries outside of the United States. In this role, you'll identify how we can apply tools and technology to improve quality and automate manual processes, and lead a product and engineering team to execute on those ideas. You'll evaluate the processes through which new features and devices are developed, tested, and launched in these international marketplaces, and determine what process or technology changes can make those processes happen faster, and take fewer resources.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- An operational and continuous improvement mindset, and a natural ability and desire to streamline processes, especially repetitive ones.
- A strong data-driven mentality and prioritization framework, to ensure you focus you and your teams' efforts on the highest impact work.
- Experience leading tech teams to build software and tools to automate manual processes or improve product quality.
- Experience developing long-term roadmaps broken up into iterative product deliverables.
- Experience in building, evolving, and leading geographically distributed organizations.
- Ability to work effectively across organizations and persuade others to support your initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Operations, or related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
- More than 10 years of professional experience, including 5+ years of product management experience.
- Management experience, including employee development, performance management, and delivering results.
- Experience gathering business requirements, negotiating requirements and dependencies with stakeholders, alignment with senior executives.
- Experience communicating product and technical requirements through written means to business and technical teams.
- An understanding of machine learning and AI concepts is desirable.
- Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Demonstrated management experience for teams of 10+ people.
- Fluency in more than 1 language
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top