Senior Manager, Account Management
- Seattle, WA
The Selling Partner Premium Services organization is seeking a Sr. Manager, Account Management to help shape the future of the program. We are looking for a seasoned leader to support our growing Account Management team, responsible for driving growth for many of Amazon's largest Hardlines Sellers and Vendors.
In this role, you will be responsible for all business/operational objectives for the Hardlines team. You will drive the creation and execution of strategies to improve your book of business, and deliver best in class team engagement and people development plans. You will lead a team of managers, some of whom also manage managers, all of whom are responsible for coaching and mentoring an 80+ person team.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement and iterate data, processes, mechanisms and guardrails to improve the customer experience. Further, the ideal candidate is a business owner who understands the key levers to drive business growth and can operationalize those levers across their team. They have a passion for people leadership and are at their best when they are building, developing and managing high-performing teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Sr. Managers, Account Management are responsible for driving Selling Partner business growth and delivering a positive experience through the program. The key responsibilities are as follows:
Selling Partner Support and Business Growth:
• Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
• Manage end to end goal setting for team to align with organizational goals.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely, accurate and professional operational support to all Selling Partners.
Selling Partner Relationship Management:
• Build strong relationships with Selling Partners across the portfolio; proactively build joint business plan action items and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns.
• Manage Selling Partner needs and monitor complexity through efficient resource allocation of Account Managers.
• Monitor Selling Partner satisfaction survey results to analyze both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and mange expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
• Collaborate with other internal departments to support the improvement of tools and processes to enhance the Selling Partner experience and drive productivity for Account Managers.
• Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve our service offerings based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
• Lead an extended team of Managers and Account Managers, prioritizing strategic initiatives and escalation support as needed.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to and lead strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Partner with external teams including Category Management, Finance, Global Account Management, and Central Support teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
• Lead recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain or Engineering
• Demonstrated success managing through a team of managers, with a track record of developing a high performing team.
• 6+ years of relevant professional experience with a focus in category management, relationship management, business improvement, consulting, sales, or operations management.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• 10+ years experience in account management, marketing, buying, or customer service delivery in related industries like retail, telecom, technology or hospitality.
• E-Commerce experience preferred
• Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top