1. External Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Central Accounting in FinOps Accounting and Analysis (FOAA) Service Center, the Senior Manager, will be responsible for overseeing all Accounting and reporting activities in the space of Cash, Intercompany (IC), Transfer Pricing (TP) and Payments processes. The Senior Manager works closely with Global Process Owners (GPO's) from FOAA and enables them to provide specialized Accounting support to the organization, involving independent judgment and action i.e. additional reserves. This role will ensure completeness of month end accounting procedures like creation of accruals, recording of treasury/banking activities, balancing of IC transactions across entities, accounting and reserves, validating completion of third party clearing accounts with the intent to make sure our financial positions at end of the month is complete. The role actively partners with Central Accounting leaders across the globe. The Senior Manager is Accountable for ~4400 balance sheet accounts reconciliations and ~28000 Accounting support activities. This includes ~66% (~2900 accounts) with Tier Ranking as High, ~26% (~1000 accounts) with Tier Ranking as Medium and ~8% (~300 accounts) with Tier Ranking as Low. The responsibilities include ensuring all balance sheet accounts continuously reflect accurate financial position through review of work performed by the team.
The Senior Manager supports in planning and organizing resources to perform routine and scheduled functions. They will focus on general ledger activity, daily posting process, timely month-end closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
The Senior Manager supports nine Central Accounting Directors, four FinOps Directors and two Directors from the Tech side. The Senior Manager will be responsible to review the Customer Engagement Metrics (CEM) with Directors every month. The Senior Manager will be responsible for representing their function during monthly VP reviews.
The Senior Manager will be Manager of Managers (People Managers reporting to the self), responsible for managing a team of ~30 members. Work involves the ability to manage a queue of priorities and supervision of team members. The Senior Manager is responsible for making independent decisions based upon knowledge of organization operations, policies and procedures and supports Director to ensure processes are operating effectively and efficiently, implementing best practices and improvements in a standardized way across all accounting related functions.
• Coordinate, including being able to perform, activities across the various accounting functions: AP, AR, cash and treasury management, IC and General Accounting.
• Review and supervise monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts including bank reconciliations.
• Identify synergies between Cash, IC, AP and AR processes and implement best practice.
• Monitoring daily reconciliation of cash accounts through automations with Machine Learning and MACE.
• Lead "closing" of financial records on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
• Support Director in annual organizational budgeting (OP1 and OP2) processes.
• Establish regular (Fortnightly/Monthly/Quarterly) connects Central Accounting, FinOps, FinTech and FOAA Leadership.
• Lead monthly governance calls with Finance Operations VP to highlight any significant month close issues.
• Advise on new or changed accounting principles and practices that impact Accounting.
• Ensures proper cash handling procedures (coordinate with other FOAA service centers on cash reconciliation for Physical stores).
• Act as a primary point of contact with Central Accounting and lead submission of PBC and related schedules.
• Monitor and review general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner.
• Act as a subject matter expert. Develop and maintain templates and schedules that will be used by the Senior Management Team for review and analysis.
• Actively participate in reviewing improvements to the Accounting software (Soroco, MACE) modules and processes.
• Assist Team members in resolving issues or difficulties in the performance of their work and knowing when issues should be escalated.
• Periodically review and edit documented work procedures and responsibility grids to ensure they accurately reflect work being done. Suggest updates to department policies to reflect actual practices (Health Tracker, Account Reconciliation, Self-Assessment policies).
• Assist with the selection and hiring process of accountants and managers for the Accounting team.
Maintain deep knowledge of team functions and ensure all team members are adequately trained to effectively and efficiently perform their assigned tasks.
- Strong communications skills and able to work effectively with teams in India and Seattle.
- 12+ years of multi-national corporate or operational accounting, finance partnering and / (or) FP&A experience.
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational accounting challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- A C.A. or MBA from reputed B-school qualification is must.
- Exposure to reporting tool such as Essbase, HFM, Cognos etc. is required
Strong accounting skills.
Exceptional leadership and team development skills.
Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment.
- CA / ICWA/ MBA from reputed B-School
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.