Senior Maintenance Technician / Jefe/a de turno de mantenimiento
- Riedstadt, Germany
Which of these options would you most value in your next job?
• Working in a team where talent and potential have more value than paper-based qualifications
• Global opportunities to develop in role and choose long term career paths
• Working at the cutting-edge of high-speed automated logistics technology
• Finding and conquering emerging opportunities as the company grows and scales rapidly
• Working in data driven environment where accuracy and clarity is prized above personal opinion
• Where support of colleagues is paramount and "Not my Job" is not in the vocabulary
Why choose? Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team and have them all. We maintain and optimize all technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network ranging from large, modern, purpose-built warehouses utilizing robotics and high-volume conveyance all the way through the value chain to small, high speed, delivery stations placed as close to our customers as possible.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The focus of the Senior Reliability Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
• Role model health & safety best practices and monitor those around them to ensure they follow the example they set.
• Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate SME levels of knowledge on all MHE in the building.
• Coach and mentor the technicians on shift.
• Support the line manager and to supervise the shift in their absence.
• Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
• Support continuous improvement of systems in a standard manner across the EU network.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
• Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with at least 5 years' experience in automation or complex MHE environments.
• Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
• Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
• Understanding of OEE and equipment performance metrics.
• Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
• Experience in mentoring and developing junior technicians.
• Experience of contractor management.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and prioritize.
• Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
• Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
• Proven ability to supervise and influence others on the team.
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
• Experience of multi-contractor management.
• Experience in a multi-site environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top