Senior Machine Learning Scientist
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist with a strong background in Machine/Deep Learning and Software Development to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. Your role is to leverage your strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning to help build the next generation of our synthetic voices used by millions of customers every day.
As a Senior Applied Scientist on our team you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech synthesis. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to build Machine Learning models for their application in speech synthesis.
This role requires a pragmatic technical leader comfortable with ambiguity, capable of summarizing complex data and models through clear visual and written explanations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with machine learning models and their application in AI systems. We are particularly interested in experience applying natural language processing, deep learning, and reinforcement learning at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor in applied sciences and engineering, creativity, curiosity, and great judgment.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• Comprehensive and deep knowledge in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TTS, ASR, NLU or Statistical modeling with at least one publication, as first author, in a leading conference or journal related to one of these fields
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving and diagnosis
• Solid software development experience with programming languages such as Scala, Python, Java, C#/.Net or C/C+
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Good written and spoken English communication skills.
• PhD with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning
• Extensive hands-on experience in deep learning and speech synthesis
• Working knowledge of an object-oriented language like Java, C/C++, Python
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Strong publication record
• A track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
Back to top