At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
You will develop key ML and Engineering components of solutions for natural language understanding (NLU) of Alexa Shopping customers. The solutions involve taking the outputs from automated speech recognition (ASR) component and producing a representation of its meaning. You will be challenged to decide/guide the application of state of the art ML algorithms to build and own high performant models to improve complex NLU problems in one of the most ambiguous spoken spaces. And finally, you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. You will be working closely with executive leadership, multiple product managers and leaders from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Alexa, and Speech Recognition teams.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
Experience with NLP, Information Retrieval or Recommendation tasks • Industry experience in development and deployment Machine Learning based models to production • Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency with Deep Learning algorithms and packages
• Proficiency with AWS tools including SageMaker, Athena, S3 and Lambda
• Proficiency with Java, SQL and Spark
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems.
• Experience in any one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, artificial intelligence, full-stack development.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong track record of helping build productive and successful software development teams, actively developing talent.
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architecture, design, and code to bring them to life.
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Product Management, and Senior Leadership.