Senior Machine Learning Applied Scientist
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive applied scientist with Machine Learning and optionally Search background to join the International Search team. As an applied scientist, you will invent, build and deploy state of the art machine-learning models and systems to enable and enhance the team's missionreal world incarnations of some of the most difficult academic problems.
• Work on research projects in machine learning and related fields to create highly innovative customer experiences;
• Analyze large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and develop highly innovative, scalable algorithms to seize these opportunities;
• Validate models via statistically rigorous experiments across millions of customers;
• Work closely with software engineering teams to build scalable prototypes for testing, and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at very large scale;
• Work side by side with fellow applied scientists in the team.
Our team is located in our European headquarters in Luxembourg, in the heart of Europe.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com
• Ms or Ph.D degree in Machine Learning or Computer Science
• At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field: machine learning, deep learning, knowledge bases, recommendation systems, information retrieval, natural language understanding, robotics, statistics, computer vision, etc.
• Fundamentals in problem solving, computer science, algorithm design, complexity analysis, mathematics and statistics.
• Proficiency in at least one major programming language (Java, C++, Python, Scala or similar). The more the merrier.
• Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
• Ph.D degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Retrieval, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
• Previous work in information retrieval.
• Practical experience in building machine learning models from A to Z, from problem definition to deployment.
• Practical experience in building and evaluating models using major libraries such as MxNet, TensorFlow or Scikit-Learn.
• Experience in scripting languages is a plus.
• Experience working on gigabyte and terabyte-size datasets
• Experience working in text processing, data mining, and/or data visualisation is a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top