Amazon is a leader in worldwide e-commerce, creating innovative technologies and experiences that are changing the way people find, discover and buy products and services.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to join our European Privacy team as part of Amazon's Legal Department.
This role provides the unique opportunity to support Amazon in the still evolving and complex world of data protection compliance across a broad range of Amazon's diverse and innovative businesses, products and services, with a focus on employee and other non-customer data from business areas like Fulfillment by Amazon and Amazon Logistics, to mention just a few of them. You will be directly involved when launching new programs, and team up with our business lawyers when guiding senior business leaders. You will advise our various business clients on privacy matters across all of our European locales, and potentially beyond. You will be part of a broader team that handles privacy matters, including regulatory affairs, globally.
This position requires great judgment and common sense, as well as very strong written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and customer-obsessed professionals. In addition, they must be proactive and fast-moving when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion. The position can be located in one of our European corporate offices in Luxembourg, London, Paris, Milan, Madrid or Munich.
• Working with senior leaders, data protection officers, business lawyers, and tech-teams to ensure Amazon's ongoing compliance with data protection laws across Europe, including GDPR and national legislation;
• Developing internal privacy programs for handling privacy issues in creative, business-centric ways and building processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly;
• Outside counsel management;
• Management and conduct of internal audits of our privacy programs; and
• Taking the lead on a wide range of regulatory inquiries, including direct engagement with regulators.
• Fully qualified lawyer with outstanding legal qualification from one of our core European jurisdictions (France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain or United Kingdom);
• 10+ years post-qualification experience, thereof minimum 2 years at a top tier/highly ranked law firm, and a focus on privacy and regulatory during the last 2 years;
• Excellent English language skills that include the ability to draft complex legal briefs.
• Technology affinity with a natural interest in internet services and applications and enthusiasm for technical innovation;
• The ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments;
• Practical business judgment and ability to qualify actual practical risk;
• A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization; and
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.