Senior Language Engineer
- Chennai, India
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Language Engineer with strong linguistic background and technical skills to help us develop language components for a variety of the AWS products.
• Master's degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Speech Science or related field
• Proficiency in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools, such as SQL, Python, R, or similar
• Experience with speech and language data analysis
• Familiarity with annotation systems such as SAMPA or IPA
• Familiarity with the machine learning model lifecycle
• Experience in developing and evaluating data annotation metrics
• Native or near-native fluency in Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, Korean or other languages
• Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Speech Science or related field
• Experience in statistical analysis/statistical modeling
• Practical knowledge of version control systems such as GitHub
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top